1. Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into a college, graduate school or, seminary degree program.
2. Applicants must be enrolled full time in a minimum of a one year program for the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
3. Applicants may apply for the scholarship each year.
4. The scholarship is awarded by the selection committee appointed by Lead Pastor or United’s Leadership team.
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
2. Applicants must agree to a personal interview with the selection committee via phone, upon completion of the application if applicable. Applicant must submit the following items: In order to be considered, each application must be accompanied by:
- Personal Essay – Personal Statement of Belief – Write a statement of faith, describing what Christ is doing in their lives and/or how following Christ has changed their life. One page typed personal essay explaining why you are going to college or seeking higher education [600 words or less for each]
- A recent official transcript – high school and/or college
- Admission Letter (for prospective college students), A copy of their most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average (for enrolled student)
- Two (2) character references in the form of a letter of recommendation. 7. Each applicant must submit a one written letter of recommendation from a church leader (Pastor, Minister, Deacon, Trustee, or Youth Minister) of which they serve along with two written letters from their high school teacher, college professor, or employer and mailed directly to United’s Business Office no later than______________ (date?)
The deadline for the application is Wednesday, May 31th, 2023. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. No emailed, incomplete applications will be considered. Special Provisions: Scholarship funds will be issued directly to the recipient’s campus and may not be used to pay back college loans of any kind. The scholarship will be divided into a Fall and a Spring payment to your campus. Lump sums will not be paid out in full. Announcement of Scholarship Recipients: June 18, 2023